Top 15 Most valuable African football midfielders in the Confederation of African Football (CAF) in 2022 according to data acquired from Statista.com
In recent years, the rise of African midfielders is on the brink. Some of these midfielders are already making a name for themselves in Europe’s top five leagues while some are already on the list in Europe’s top 10 leagues.
It is no surprise that they are where they are because Africa has always reproduced many of the best midfielders as far back as the days of Egyptian great Rifaat El-Fanagily to the days of Super Eagle’s Segun Odegbami and then to the days of of Abedi Pele, the Ghanaian Legend to Nigeria Kanu and Jay-Jay Okocha, Egypt’s Mohamed Aboutrika and Ahmed Hassan, Cameroon’s Marc Vivien Foe, Alexandre Song, Geremi Njitap just to name a few, all of whom all made their names rose to the endless boundaries of the continents.
With the advent of technology and frequent rise in prices per players performance, it is no surprise that today we have what we called a players market value. It signifies how much the player should cost in cast of any possible transfer.
- CAN 2021: Indomitable Lions called up for June friendlies
- Top 10 Nigerian footballers under 25 years to keep an eye on this 2021-2022 season
- AFCON 2021: Cameroon release 40 man provisional squad
- What does Samuel Eto’o’s Presidency means for Joel Matip?
- Cameroon National Team All-Time Top 5 Scorers
- Aliou Cisse extends his stay with the Senegal national team
- Why Cameroon football fans must stop criticizing Conceicao’s
- Which African Nation was disqualified from participating in the AFCON 1957 and Why?
Below is the list of the top 15 most valuable African football midfielders since the start of 2021-2022 season according to data acquired from Statista.com
- Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City) – 60 million euros
- Franck Kessie (AC Milan) – 55 million euros
- Thomas Partey (Arsenal) – 40 million euros
- Ismael Benaccer (AC Milan) – 38 million euros
- Hakim Ziyech (Chelsea) – 38 million euros
- Naby Keita (Liverpool) – 32 million euros
- Andre franck Zambo Anguissa (Napoli) – 25 million euros
- Ilaix Moriba (RB Leipzig, Loan to VAlencia) – 25 million euros
- Yves Bissouma (Brighton and Hove Albion) – 25 million euros
- Silas Katompa Mvumpa (Stuttgart) – 25 million euros
- Amadou Haidara (RB Leipzig) – 24 million euros
- Hamed Junior Traore (Sassuolo) – 20 million euros
- Mohamed Camara (Red Bull Salzburg) – 16 million euros
- Jean-Philippe Gbamin (Everton) – 15 million euros
- Mohammed Kudus (Ajax) – 15 million euros
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Elite One: Union Douala vs PWD Bamenda Match Preview
- New Star vs Colombe of Dja and Lobo
- Tonnerre Kalara vs Colombe of Dja and Lobo
- Elite One: APEJES vs Colombe Lobo Match Preview
- Statistics in modern day football- a discrediting idea?
- Top 10 most underrated footballers in the world right now