Coach of the Teranga lions of Senegal Aliou Cisse extends his contract by two years as coach of the Senegalese national football team.
A statement from the Senegalese Football Federation, states that, the decision to extend Aliou Cisse’s contract is to maintain stability and continuity.
The contract extension signed on September 20, 2021 will see the former Senegal defender stay as coach of the Teranga lions till 2023.
Aliou Cisse, despite requesting an increase in his salary will still receive US$27.000 monthly salary.
Appointed since 2015, Aliou Cisse guided Senegal to qualify for the 2018 FIFA World cup and runners up position in the 2019 AFCON.
He has managed Senegal to 70 matches and has recorded 43 wins and 18 draws, loosing on 9 different occasions.
RECOMMENDED FOR YOU
- Why Premier League has more fans than La Liga
- Pep Gaurdiola extends his Manchester City Contract
- Top 5 best African goalkeepers in world football right now
- Top 10 Highest Paid African Footballers Right Now 2021
- CAN 2021: Indomitable Lions called up for June friendlies