Matteo Guendouzi’s promising start to life at Marseille could soon turn sour after the Arsenal loanee clashed with one of his team-mates at the weekend, while others are becoming ‘fed up’ with his antics in training.
According to French news outlet L’Equipe, Guendouzi approached his team-mate and asked ‘when are you going to start running’, which has angered a number of other Marseille players in the dressing room.
- Eto’o, Njitap, Song: Who is Cameroon’s greatest centurion?
- The European Premier League- A new might
- Tactical Team Analysis: Diego Simeone and Atletico Madrid
- Who is a FALSE Full Back in Football?
- How to Rank World Football Leagues
- Top 10 most underrated footballers in the world right now
- Top 8 best African Midfielders right now
- Some general misunderstandings in central midfielders
This isn’t the first time Guendouzi’s attitude has landed him in hot water.
Guendouzi was frozen out by Arsenal boss Mikel Arteta after he was was overheard taunting Brighton’s Neal Maupay about his wages – a game in which he was also sent off towards the end of the 2019-20 season.
Sportsmail learned that the midfielder spent the match taunting Brighton players about the financial disparity between the squads.
‘He was saying the Brighton players were s*** and that he and his team-mates earn so much more than they ever will,’ a source said. ‘He’s done it in other games as well. Arsenal are a decent club and hate that sort of behaviour.’
The move to Hertha Berlin saw him struggle to find a way back into the Gunners’ set-up when he returned, and was instead shipped back out on loan to Marseille.