Chelsea reportedly look to commit three star midfielders in N’Golo Kante, Jorginho and Mason Mount to new contracts in the coming months.
The report details that Danish centre-back Christensen is closing in on a new £120,000 a week deal at Stamford Bridge.
Rudiger, meanwhile, is looking for closer to £200,000 a week and talks have slowed in recent weeks, with Real Madrid and PSG amongst the interested parties should the German be available on a free transfer at the end of the season.
‘I hope that they find solutions, but it’s not only between coaches and players, and what we wish for,’ said Thomas Tuchel.
‘And that’s why it’s between the club and the player’s agent at the moment.
‘He’s in the strongest league in Europe, in a big club, so not many reasons to change that. But in the end it’s between him and the club, and that’s in good hands.’
Kante and Jorginho have deals until the summer of 2023 while Mount is reportedly set to see an increase in wages following a breakthrough two years at Chelsea, first under former coach Frank Lampard and now under Thomas Tuchel.
French World Cup winner Kante won the award for UEFA Midfielder of the Year while Italian Jorginho won the UEFA Men’s Player of the Year award after his role in the Blues’ European triumph and Italy winning Euro 2020.
- Eto’o, Njitap, Song: Who is Cameroon’s greatest centurion?
- The European Premier League- A new might
- Tactical Team Analysis: Diego Simeone and Atletico Madrid
- Who is a FALSE Full Back in Football?
- How to Rank World Football Leagues
- Top 10 most underrated footballers in the world right now
- Top 8 best African Midfielders right now
- Some general misunderstandings in central midfielders