Gerald Takwara confirms his return to South African PSL [Premier Soccer League] from Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League side Ngezi Platinum Stars
Gerald Takwara has confirmed his return to the South African Premier Soccer League after joining Chippa United from Zimbabwe Premier Soccer League side Ngezi Platinum Stars.
The midfielder signed a two-year contract to mark his return to the league. He was with Ajax Cape Town (now called Cape Town Spurs) during their time in the top-flight three years ago.
Speaking on the transfer, Gerald Takwara, who underwent trials at his new club last year, told H-Metro that he is happy to get another chance to play in South Africa.
- Statistics in modern day football- a discrediting idea?
- Top 10 most underrated footballers in the world right now
- Arsenal boss Arteta plays down Luiz and Ceballos fight
- The modern football goalkeeper
- Top 8 best African Midfielders right now
- Cameroon National Team All-Time Top 5 ScorersThe Modern day football coach
“I came for trials and they took me in,” he said.
“I’m just happy that I managed to make it into the team and I’m so grateful for the opportunity I got.”
Gerald Takwara also reflected on his time at Ngezi Platinum Stars. The 26-year old joined the Zimbabwean PSL side in 2019 on his return from South Africa.
He said: “I had a wonderful run there, the people were great and the team work was on point.
“Unfortunately I couldn’t win any trophy but would never regret my stay there. I would’ve loved to stay there but l thought of moving on and to just go forward.
“In life you have to move on even though you’re comfortable at the place you’re at.”
- Detailed list of Pro Football Clubs In Nigeria in 2021
- Gianluigi Buffon confirms retirement talks is rubbish