Juventus have reportedly drawn up a seven-man shortlist of potential replacements for five-time Ballon d’Or winner Cristiano Ronaldo.
The Portuguese attacker only has 12 months left to run on his existing deal with Juventus, but Juventus underwhelming 2020-21 campaign has seen him linked with a move away this summer with Barcelona reported interested in the 36 years old Ronaldo.
Ronaldo still enjoyed a stellar personal campaign with 29 goals from 33 Serie A matches, but a summer exit from Juventus for the 36-year-old is not beyond the realm of possibility.
- Mbappe-Haaland for Messi-Ronaldo? Ronaldinho says NO
- Why has Brazil decline so much at Football?
- Cameroon cup: Tonnerre emerges winner over Caiman
- Barcelona vs Juventus preview team news and prediction
According to Il BiancoNero, the Italian giants are already planning for life without Ronaldo by identifying seven players who could don the black and white jersey for the 2021-22 season in case Ronaldo leaves.
The report claims that Manchester City’s Gabriel Jesus, Roma’s Edin Dzeko, Barca’s Ousmane Dembele, Napoli’s Arkadiusz Milik and Andrea Petagna, PSG’s Mauro Icardi and Fiorentina’s Dusan Vlahovic are all under consideration if Ronaldo does end up leaving in the coming weeks after the Euro 2020.
Ronaldo who recently is linked with a shock move to Barcelona – has amassed 101 goals from 133 games in a Juventus shirt since his arrival the summer of 2018, and he has already netted five times for Portugal at Euro 2020.
TRANSFER RUMOURS and DONE DEALS
- Lionel Messi to extend his Stay at Barca until 2023
- Hakan Calhanoglu signs a three-years contract with Inter
- Kunde Malong signs three years contract with Olympiakos
- Liverpool ‘have no plans to sell Kostas Tsimikas’
- Arsenal preparing improved bid for Albert Sambi Lokonga
- Sergio Ramos will not join Sevilla