Liverpool have reportedly identified Aston Villa and Scottish midfielder John McGinn as a potential summer transfer target
As a result of the departure of Netherland’s international Georgino Wijnaldum on a free to PSG this Summer from Liverpool, Manager Jurgen Klopp is busy in the market for new faces to fill in that midfield position.
Reports from The Athletics says that Jurgen Klopp is an admirer of Aston Villa’s John McGinn, who has just enjoyed a strong campaign in the West Midlands.
- Three of the Most Common Football Tactics Explained
- Top 8 best African Midfielders right now
- Some general misunderstandings in central midfielders
- livier Giroud a perfect example of Mental Resilience in modern football
- Tactical Player Analysis- Eduardo Camavinga
- Football Remodeled: The Basics of Scouting
John McGinn had an impressive 2020/21 season with Aston Villa who finished mid-table in the Premier League. the Scotland international, John McGinn scored three goals and also bagged five assist in the 37 Premier League games he featured in. Not bad for a midfielder in a mid-table team.
Reports however suggest that Aston Villa have placed a £50m price-tag on the 26-year-old, leaving Liverpool in a position where they will have to sell before they can pursue a deal.
The Merseyside giants [Liverpool] are already preparing a number of departures this summer before the start of the new season. This could help bolster the signing of new players.
TRANSFER RUMOURS and DONE DEALS
- Lionel Messi to extend his Stay at Barca until 2023
- Hakan Calhanoglu signs a three-years contract with Inter
- Kunde Malong signs three years contract with Olympiakos
- Liverpool ‘have no plans to sell Kostas Tsimikas’
- Arsenal preparing improved bid for Albert Sambi Lokonga
- Sergio Ramos will not join Sevilla