Lionel Messi is reportedly set to extend his stay at Barca until the summer of 2023 despite reports that he is yet to decide his future
Lionel Messi, whose contract expires in one week time is reported set to extend his stay with Barca until the summer of 2023 despite reports from Marca that the Argentine has not committed his future with Barca.
Reports suggest Lionel Messi 34-year-old is happy to remain with the Catalan giants for the next two seasons.
- Thiago Alcantara: “I could one day play for Africa”
- Top 10 most underrated footballers in the world right now
- Who is a mediapunta in football?
- The modern football winger/touch line huggers.
- Modern football defensive midfielder/Mediocentro/Regista
Despite persistent speculation, Barca president Joan Laporta has often spoken positively when questioned over Lionel Messi’s future.
Italian transfer guru, Fabrizio Romano in his official twitter account confirms that Lionel Messi will stay with the Catalan giants until 2023, but also says there are some terms in the contract which needs to be fixed. A reason there is yet no official announcement.
Lionel Messi will extend his contract with Barcelona until June 2023, all parties involved have no doubt – but there are still some clauses to be fixed in the contract ‘structure’. 🔵🔴🇦🇷 #Messi
…that’s why there’s no official announcement yet. But it’s just a matter of time.
— Fabrizio Romano (@FabrizioRomano) June 24, 2021
- Lionel Messi exclusive interview with Jordi Evole.
- European Super League will kill football
- Laporta and Koeman met to discuss Barca’s team future