DONE DEAL: Wijnaldum welcomes ‘new challenge’ at PSG as PSG have announced the signing of the out of contact Liverpool Midfielder
Paris Saint-Germain have announced the signing of Georginio Wijnaldum, whose Liverpool contract expires at the end of this month. He has signed a contract until 2024.
Georgino Wijnaldum, 30, had been expected to sign for Barcelona until PSG made a late offer.
The midfielder, who is currently on international duty with the Netherlands ahead of Euro 2020, moved to Liverpool from Newcastle United for £23 million in 2016 and made a total of 237 appearances for the club, winning the Premier League and Champions League.
- Modern football defensive midfielder/Mediocentro/Regista
- Who is a FALSE Full Back in Football?
- CAF CL: PWD Boss reacts to draw against Kaizer Chiefs
- Tactical approaches and theoretical concepts in football
- Liverpool vs Man City: Pre-match tactical analysis
- Olivier Giroud a perfect example of Mental Resilience in modern football
What has been said by Wijnaldum
Wijnaldum said: “Signing for Paris Saint-Germain is a new challenge for me.
“I’m joining one of the best squads in Europe and I want to bring all my desire and commitment to this ambitious project. Paris Saint-Germain have proved how good they are in recent years and I am convinced that together, with our supporters, we can go even further and higher.”