Ranking the 2020-21 Bundesliga’s top African Performers – Who were the best African football performers in the German top flight this season?
In this article, BraggsSports will lay down the top five (5) African footballers who performed with class in the just ended Bundesliga.
Note that we are only laying down the best African performers in the Bundesliga with African Nationalities as of date.
Here are the players starting from the least to the best performer;
5. Amadou Haidara (RB Leipzig), Mali
The Malian midfielder with 12 caps and one goal to his name is a product of the Red Bull conveyor belt of football talent.
The usual RB career path has seen him go through the company’s European finishing school of FC Liefering and Red Bull Salzburg, before ending up at east German side RB Leipzig.
Just like N’Golo Kante, in Haidara, Mali could have a player on their hands who can provide similar dynamism and thrust in midfield.
This term Haidara made 31 Bundesliga appearances scoring three goals and assisting once. Not bad for a 23 years old defensive midfielder right?
- A Review of the 2020-2021 Bundesliga Season
- How to Rank World Football Leagues
- Players With Most Goals In a Top Flight Football Match
- Cameroon Football: All Time Elite One Clubs Rankings
4. Ramy Bensebaini (Borussia Monchengladbach), Algeria
The 26 years old Algerian International plays as a defender.
Borussia Monchengladbach didn’t match their previous high standards this term, as they finished the year in eighth place.
However, Bensebaini continued his progress with a solid campaign, and also chipped in with some goals too—netting four across 25 league outings.
Bensebaini’s master class performance and goal in the 4-2 victory over Borussia Dortmund was among one of Borussia Monchengladbach’s season talking points.
- Modern football defensive midfielder/Mediocentro/Regista
- Who is a FALSE Full Back in Football?
- CAF CL: PWD Boss reacts to draw against Kaizer Chiefs
- Tactical approaches and theoretical concepts in football
- Liverpool vs Man City: Pre-match tactical analysis
- Olivier Giroud a perfect example of Mental Resilience in modern football
3. Edmond Tapsoba (Bayer Leverkusen), Burkina Faso
Edmond Tapsoba plays as a Centre-back for both Leverkusen and Burkina Faso.