A Short Analytical view of Marcelo Bielsa and Leeds United so far this season after their last win vs Man City and draws vs Liverpool and Man United
Marcelo Bielsa an interesting man. And the Spurs job could actually suit him. Even though I don’t think he would go if they offered to treble his salary. I think Bielsa has his visions and Leeds fit that nicely. Perhaps he enjoys not having those pressures. Has never really had a job at one of the biggest clubs, despite his reputation.
- How it unfolded in some of Europe’s leagues this weekend
- Modern football defensive midfielder/Mediocentro/Regista
- Top 10 most underrated footballers in the world right now
- Elite One: Mbah Louis extends his stay at PWD Bamenda
- A Barca fan writes after 8-2 defeat by Bayern Munich
- Sundowns hoping to extend Mahlambi’s contract
Criticism of Bielsa’s defensive coaching?
Criticism of Bielsa’s defensive coaching early in the season ignored context that his summer CB buys, Koch and Llorente, were injured. Leeds have been solid defensively with Llorente back, conceding 2 goals and unbeaten vs Chelsea, Man City, Liverpool and Man Utd. His coaching wasn’t the issue
Personnel is a big factor for that defensive stability too. You can be safe in the knowledge to defend deeper when you have a leader and organiser like Llorente at the back. Liverpool’s season won’t be the same with Virgil. Defenders with authority always bring confidence to the team. Ruben Dias, S.Ramos, Marquinhos etc