Guinea qualified to the Total Africa Cup of Nations (AFCON), Cameroon 2021 after beating neighbors Mali 1-0 on Wednesday in Conakry
Both sides guaranteed their tickets to Cameroon next year, as Sily National (Guinea) topped the group on 11 points, one more than Mali’s Eagles with one game to go.
Chad was disqualified from the group, while Namibia remains third on six points.
- Cameroon National Team All-Time Top 5 Scorers
- Top 5 Most Common Football Betting Mistakes
- Restricting your chances of losing when betting on sports
- The European Premier League- A new might
- Tactical Team Analysis: Diego Simeone and Atletico Madrid
- Who is a FALSE Full Back in Football?
- How to Rank World Football Leagues
- Top 10 most underrated footballers in the world right now
- Top 8 best African Midfielders right now
Didier Six’s men dominated the first half at the 28 September Stadium in Conakry, with most of the chances falling to the hosts.
Sory Kaba had Guinea’s first chance after 10 minutes of play, but found Mali’s goalkeeper Djigui Diarra alert enough to stop.
In the second half, there were chances for both sides as they were seeking early qualification.
Guinea’s Substitute Seydouba Soumah gave the host the lead with a powerful shot after 75 minutes.
🇬🇳 Guinea 1-0 Mali 🇲🇱
— CAF (@CAF_Online) March 24, 2021
The advantage remained till the final whistle, to see both sides securing their place in next year’s African continental showpiece in Cameroon.