Al Ahly coach Pitso Mosimane has responded to criticism by Egypt Legend Ibrahim Hassan who claimed if he and his brother took charge of Al Ahly, they will win trophies.
Al Ahly coach Pitso Mosimane has responded to Ibrahim Hassan’s criticism on him as the Ittihad Alexandria assistant coach said he could not succeed in another team.
Following their heavy 0-4 defeat to Red Devils on Monday, Ibrahim Hassan belittled the work of Pitso Mosimane at Al Ahly.
To him, anyone can succeed at Al Ahly regarding their workforce and its qualities.
The South African manager said he respects the view of Ibrahim Hassan but added Al Ahly also prepared its games and did not win them before entering the pitch. If not, Mahmoud El Khatib’s club would have won the CAF Champions league in the past seven years.
Here are Pitso Mosimane’s word;
“If we look at what he [Hassan] said, it applies to all the major teams in the world. Real Madrid, Manchester City, PSG but football doesn’t work like that,” Pitso Mosimane said.
- Statistics in modern day football- a discrediting idea?
- Top 10 most underrated footballers in the world right now
- Top 10 World Football’s Most Underrated Strikers
- Arsenal boss Arteta plays down Luiz and Ceballos fight
- The modern football goalkeeper
- Top 8 best African Midfielders right now
- Cameroon National Team All-Time Top 5 Scorers
“What i know is that football only recognizes work and effort and if his words were logical, Al Ahly would have won seven Champions League titles in a row.”
“Being Al Ahly doesn’t guarantee wins. You need to prepare and work hard but this is his opinion and i respect it,” Pitso Mosimane said.