All you need to know about the potential European Premier League.
After the failed talks of a Liverpool – Manchester United led reformation of the football pyramid in England, many fans of the game predicted that there will definitely be a reaction from that decision. Today, it looks like that decision is shaping up.
According to Sky News, the ‘Big 6’ English Premier League teams are in talks to join a multi-billion football project which would be known as the European Premier League. Rumors later on emerged that the big 6 could break away from the Premier League suppose their proposals on the European Premier League is not met with a favorable feedback.
However as things stand, the idea of the European Premier League is taking shape as the big clubs from Germany, France, Spain and Italy have all joined the negotiation.
- Kroos: We are simply puppets for both FIFA and UEFA
- European Super League plans set to be announced
- European Super League will kill football
- How to Rank World Football Leagues
Below you will find everything you need to know about the potential European Premier League;
- Financers like the Wall-Street bank JP Morgan are in talks to provide a debt package of $6bn (£4.6bn) for the new European
- Premier League.
- The ‘Big 6’ from the Premier League are expected to join.
- Clubs from other leagues (Germany, France, Spain and Italy) are also in talks.
- A potential start date has been set for 2022
- The League will consist of 18 teams
- Possibility to go along with UCL in the initial phase
- Playoffs to determine teams that can participate
- Founding members unlikely to be removed
- Clubs will not leave their domestic leagues
- Could possibly replace midweek fixtures
- Participants to withdraw from cup competitions
We will keep you updated on this developing story exclusively on BraggsSports.