Real Madrid vs Athletico Bilbao Preview: Probable lines-up, team news, key stats and prediction in LaLiga on the 15/12/2020
Real Madrid will hope to build on their big back-to-back wins this past week when they welcome Athletic Bilbao to Estadio Alfredo Di Stefano on Tuesday.
As the festive period approaches, a lot of games are starting to kick fast. Reigning champions Real Madrid will host Athletico Bilbao at their Alternative stadium Estadio Alfredo Di Stefano on Tuesday night.
Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao Team News
Real Madrid team news
Real Madrid has been in setback amidst some major injuries and suspensions.
- Casemiro is suspended for the home side after picking up a milestone booking against Atletico Madrid in their last weekend’s win.
- Fede Valverde is Available and could martial Zinedine Zinedane’s midfield in Casemiro’s absence.
- Eden Hazard is a doubt due to injury, with Vinicius Junior set to start on the left-hand side of the attack.
- Luka Jovic and Mariano Diaz are also all sidelined.
- Martin Odegaard is still a doubt with a knee problem.
Athletico Bilbao team news
Athletico Bilbao are quiet fine in terms of injuries and or suspensions.
- Unai Nunez’s speed could be preferred to Yeray at centre-back.
- Garitano is also sweating over the fitness of Mikel Vesga, who is struggling with a minor niggle.
- Dani Garcia and Unai Lopez are expected to anchor the midfield for Gaizka Garitano’s men, while Raul Garcia supports Asier Villalibre further forward.
- Iker Muniain and Inaki Williams are expected to start wide as Los Leones try and find the right offensive formula to put some decent results together.
Real Madrid Vs Athletic Bilbao tactics and probable lines-up
Real Madrid tactics and probable lines-up
Zinedane will typically start with his traditional 4-3-3 formation as usual.
There is no doubt ofcourse that Thibaut Courtois is the man in goal.
Considering no major suspension or injury in the backline, we could see the same backline that featured against Real Madrid’s win vs Atletico Madrid in the week end. Ramos and Verane will be the Central defenders as Daniel Carvajal and Mendy each take their respective spots in the full back.
However, Casemiro’s suspension means that Valverde will be could up. with Isco being a back-up. Thus the midfield three could be Kroos, Valverde and Modric.
- Manchester United vs Manchester City Preview
- Barcelona vs Juventus preview team news and prediction
- Premier League: Man City vs Liverpool Match Preview
- Barcelona vs Real Madrid El Clasico 2020: Post-match reaction updates and analysis
Benzema will lead Real Madrid’s front line. After a beautiful weekend performance against a though Atletico Madrid side, Vinicius Junior and Lucas Vazquez could both keep their places up front out wide. MArco Asensio and Rodrigo Goes could also be could up.
Probable Lines-up (4-3-3): Courtois, Carvajal, Varane, Ramos, Mendy, Modric, Valverde, Kroos, Vazquez, Benzema, Vinicius Jr.
Athletico Bilbao tactics and probable lines-up
Gaizka Garitano who has no starting XI injury concerns could initially start with his preferred 4-2-3-1 formation.
Although Mikel Vesga is struggling with a minor niggle, he could be fit enough to make the squad against Real Madrid.
No doubt that Unai Simon is the automatic goalkeeper.
However, Garitano could prioritize one change at the back four line. Unai Nunez because of his speed could come in for Yeray Alvarez to partner Inigo Martinez at the heart of the defence. Ander Capa and Yuri Berchiche will be the full-back pairing.
Dani Garcia and Lopez will for the double pivot in the midfield of the park for Athletico Bilbao. Raul Garcia will be hoping to be back in the starting lineup after opening his account in La Liga this season last time out.
Asier Villalibre is still expected to lead the line for Bilbao against Real Madrid. The thunder bolts Inaki Williams and Alex Berenguer will be the two wide men and Iker Muniain reprising the no. 10 role.
Probable Lineup (4-2-3-1): Simon, Capa, Nunez, Martinez, Berchiche, Dani Garcia, Lopez, Williams, Muniain Berenguer, Villalibre.
- Real Madrid have won 10 of their last 12 home matches in La Liga.
- Real Madrid are undefeated in their last 16 home matches against Athletic Bilbao in all competitions.
- Real Madrid have kept a clean sheet in their last 3 matches against Athletic Bilbao in all competitions.
- Real Madrid are unbeaten in their last 10 La Liga games against Athletic Bilbao (W6 D4), keeping a clean sheet in each of the last three.
- Real Madrid have seen under 2.5 goals in 5 of their last 6 matches against Athletic Bilbao in all competitions.
- Athletic Bilbao have failed to win their last 5 away matches in La Liga.
Real Madrid had an excellent week, winning twice in LaLiga against two title challengers and scraping through to the Champions League knock-out stages after beating M’Gladbach.
The hosts have kept clean sheets in their last three games, too, coming good at a vital point of the season.
Athletico Bilbao have won just one of their last five league matches, but have pulled out draws on the road lately against both Valencia and Getafe.
This means the both sides are actually improving and getting back in form.
Conclusion: Real Madrid 1-1 Athletico Bilbao